Sunday 15 January 2012

Introduction

So who am I?

I'm Louis Byrne. I moved from a small town in Cheshire, England called Macclesfield to Perth, Western Australia in late 2005. Studied year 12 here, worked for a couple of years then began studying the Diploma of Film and Television in early 2009.

Now I've finished all my studies (for now!) and I'm working as a projectionist for a local cinema.

I've never really known what draws me to films. I studied directing (It's fun, but it's not for me just yet), I've watched hundreds of films and enjoy lots of different styles, genres, directors etc. and I've only just figured out what it is that makes me love a film...

Visual Effects!

Matrix, Avatar, LOTR, Xmen, Silent Hill, Inception, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, ...Dr Parnassus...It's a massive list and the one thing each of my favourite films have in common is amazing vfx (among other things).

Just yesterday I applied for a course in Manchester, England at the Futureworks Media School. It's a foundation degree in VFX and Post Production.

My long term goal is to work for the VFX powerhouse that is Industrial Light and Magic. It's THE VFX company to work for. My aim is (at the moment) to become a compositor there within the next ten years.

(The most VFX I have done so far is some small After Effects projects...check them out on my YouTube channel...there are previews/links on the home screen).

So that's me. Louis, 23, Projectionist, VFX wannabe.

This is the first post of many that will follow me on my journey to become a compositor at ILM.

LB

No comments:

Post a Comment